DESCRIPTION: buy codeine linctus bp
buy codeine linctus bp. Read all of this leaflet carefully before you start taking this medicine because it contains important information for you.
Always take this medicine exactly as described in this leaflet or as your doctor or pharmacist has told you.
– Keep this leaflet. You may need to read it again
– Ask your pharmacist if you need more information or advice
– If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. This includes any possible side effects not listed in this leaflet.
– You must talk to your doctor if you do not feel better or if you feel worse.
What is in this leaflet:
1. What Codeine Linctus is and what it is used for
2. What you need to know before you take Codeine Linctus
3. How to take Codeine Linctus
4. Possible side effects
5. How to store Codeine Linctus
6. Contents of the pack and other information
1. WHAT CODEINE LINCTUS IS AND WHAT IT IS USED FOR
Codeine Linctus is a medicine which helps you to stop coughing, especially if you have a non-productive cough. It is related to morphine and acts to stop your
automatic cough response.
2. WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE YOU TAKE CODEINE LINCTUS
Do not take Codeine Linctus if you:
• are allergic (hypersensitive) to Codeine or any of the other ingredients listed (see Section 6 and end of Section 2)
• have liver disease
• have breathing problems (i.e. ventilatory failure)
• know that you metabolise very rapidly codeine into morphine
• are breast-feeding
• are under 12 years old.
Adolescents older than 12 years of age
Codeine is not recommended in adolescents with compromised respiratory function for the treatment of cough
Take special care with Codeine Linctus or talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you have:
• liver or kidney problems
• an under active thyroid (i.e. hypothyroidism)
• a problem of drug abuse (now or in the past)
• pregnant or breast-feeding